Barb Haselden has resided in St Petersburg for nearly 30 years, and specifically District 6 for 25 years, the seat she is seeking in 2018.
She founded her Florida corporation, Hometown lnsurors, lnc., in 1989.
She continues as the president.
ln 2009, Barb became interested in local government and founded the “South Pinellas 912” group, a taxpayer centered citizen organization, that she has built to nearly 1,000 local members. As the leader of that group, Barb has attended hundreds of Pinellas and Hillsborough County meetings (BoCC, PSTA, TBARTA, MPO, etc.) to stay informed on local issues affecting the taxpayers.
As a result of attending these government meetings Barb was alarmed when she learned about the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners plan to put a light rail system in Pinellas County and try to convince Pinellas voters to pass a sales tax increase to pay for it.
In 2013 Barb created "No Tax For Tracks", a Registered County Political Committee, to educate Pinellas taxpayers about the light rail, which the BoCC called Greenlight Pinellas.
During 2014 Barb drove to 200 community meetings at the extreme limits of Pinellas County, to educate voters on how the Greenlight Rail Tax would affect them. She gathered supporters countywide who joined in the effort. Nearly 7000 "No Tax for Tracks" yard signs were distributed countywide by citizen volunteers organized thru Barb's leadership.
Thankfully, her work paid off and the voter referendum on Greenlight Pinellas was defeated November 4th, 2014, with 62% voting No to the tax increase, which would have raised our sales tax to 8%, the highest in FL!
BARB'S DEFEAT OF GREENLIGHT PINELLAS IS CONSERVATIVELY CURRENTLY SAVING PINELLAS TAXPAYERS AN ESTIMATED $2 BILLION.
· A lifetime business woman, widow, mother and involved grandmother of 3.
· Owner Licensed insurance Agency Florida and Indiana
· Licensed Life & Health Insurance Agent Florida and Indiana
· Licensed Real Estate Broker Indiana
· Awarded the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council Award, "Future of the Region,” for organizing an expert panel “Long term-care, Control your Destiny.”
· Past Radio Talk show Host "Smart talk about Long Term Care", on WWBA AM.
· Past Member of Area Agency on Aging's "Better Living for seniors" (BLS) consortium for 8 years
· Member Bridgepoint Church.
13 year member of weekly Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) St Petersburg Chapter.
· Good Guy Award by Florida watchdog for No Tax for Tracks campaign
· Winner 2015 "American Dreamer" Award from American Dream Coalition for "No Tax for Tracks" campaign.
Checks may be mailed to:
Barbara Haselden Campaign
1043 31st Terrace NE
St Petersburg, Fl 33704
Include your best phone number and occupation if over $100.00.
Checks up to $1000 per entity/person are allowed by law. Not tax deductible for income tax purposes.
ONLINE DONATIONS at website: https://electbarbhaselden.com/volunteer-kickoff-july-6